Thursday, August 25, 2011

Who Am I....

Who are you dude? Some people have asked me this question and felt obligated to give brief background about myself. I'm not politician nor a writer (that explains why I ended up in engineering school ) but an ordinary citizen of the free world. I joined Twitter mid January 2011 in support to the Egyptian revolution that brought Mubarak regime to an end. Unfortunately, I did not have the honor to participate in supporting the Tunisian revolution.

I go by Hameed Ali on Facebook, but that's not my real name. My real first name in "Mohamed" and prefer to keep my last name anonymous at this point. I'm Yemeni by birth, an engineer by profession and a freedom fighter by choice!  I used to always avoid watching the news, simply because I'm not into politics, but the uprising in the Arab world inspired me like many people out there. It was inevitable for me to just sit and watch while innocent people are being slaughtered by dictatorships and family business regimes.   

I already envisioned a change in Yemen, so the Twitter account I created was @Yemen4Change prior to Yemen Youth revolution kicked in. Couple of weeks later, Yemeni Youth in Washington D.C. had a meeting in preparation to organize weekly demonstrations to support Yemen Youth peaceful revolution. Yemen Youth in D.C. also formed Facebook group (Yemeni Youth Abroad for Change) and launched a website (YYAC) to document Yemen revolution. I'm honored to be a part of the YYAC team, who have organized many protests in front of the White House in Washington D.C.         

My blogs will be for the most part short but straight to the point. Main focus will be on current events, specifically Yemen Youth revolution. On the occasion, I may write random blogs about different things. My blogs express my personal opinion and thought. Please feel free to drop me a note with any comment or suggestion

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Blog